Today, as the whole world battles with the pandemic, it has become more than essential to keep our bodies as healthy as possible. It may sound very simple but certain things have become more important to us like eating a well balanced diet, staying active, taking care of hygiene, and exercising regularly. Apart from all these, there is one thing that is the most important for all us and that is a good night’s sleep. As per experts, getting enough and good quality of sleep is really important for keeping us healthy. In this lockdown time, there are several people who are working from home, managing kids and are juggling several activities in a day. Aiming for seven hours of sleep every night may look very hard to achieve.
According to the leading Ayurvedic Hospital in Hyderabad, getting good sleep is really important for your immunity system during these challenging times. We have compiled in this blog 4 great health benefits of having a good sleep.
4 great health benefits of having a good sleep
Helps strengthens your immune system.
As per Ayurvedic doctors in Hyderabad, as you sleep, it gives your body the time it requires to rest and repair. If you do not have a proper sleep, you may feel sluggish and so tired as if you are not well. When you have a good sleep, it gives your body the chance to fix whatever has gone wrong. As you sleep, it supports the proteins and cells of your immune system. Sleep also strengthens your immune system and in these times, it becomes quite important than ever that you are getting enough sleep.
Improves concentration and productivity
Sleep is really important for the different aspects of brain function and that includes concentration, cognition and performance. A good and regular sleep has proved to improve problem solving skills and also improve one’s memory.
Keeps your heart healthy
As per an expert at the Ayurvedic treatment Hyderabad clinic a poor sleep pattern can increase the risk of developing high blood pressure and coronary heart disease. A regular timing for sleep and sleep pattern can help lower the levels of stress to your cardiovascular system and this in turn helps reduce your chances of having a heart condition. If you are finding difficult to sleep, it is better that you talk to a doctor, you can help you in developing a routine and sleep consistency.
Here are few great tips for a good night’s sleep
- Set up a bedtime for yourself.
- Try to follow strict timelines for sleep and waking and that should include weekends.
- Try to avoid caffeine, heavy meals, alcohol before bedtime.
- Try to keep your bedroom quite and dark.
- Avoid watching TV in your bedroom
- Exercising regularly may also be beneficial for a good sleep. You can also try meditation or yoga before going to bed.
- As per various studies, shirodhara treatment is a good option to improve your sleep quality and also people who have regular sleep problems.
- Try to avoid naps during the day.
- You can also listen to music before going to bed. Music improves quality of sleep. It can also used to improve your chronic sleep disorders like insomnia
- You can read a good book as reading is a good activity to help you wind down after a tiring day.
It is always quite frustrating when you have trouble falling and staying asleep as it can also affect not only the physical but mental health too. Follow the above techniques to have a good sleep and for more energy for the next day.